Thursday, September 10, 2009

Chalkboard Love

A few months ago I tested out how easily the floral circa1975 wall paper would peel off the wall. Not so easy- it gripped on for dear life.

I regretted the impulsive action ever since. We won't be renovating the kitchen for another year (and that wall will be torn down in the process) so I needed a cheap, temporary fix/cover up. Enter the ever-handy chalkboard paint...
Before:
After:
I can't 'play' and draw on it for three days, but I'm looking forward to putting a chalk calendar up along with a grocery list and drawings for Charlie. Ahh, one less wall of ugly wall paper to fix my eyes on :o)

Now go visit the hooked on houses party and see what everyone else is loving this Friday.

6 comments:

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Love that idea! Absolutely brilliant...you can draw your own art, or write any quote or message.

Leanne said...

I love the look and idea of chalkboard paint on a whole wall, but I've been too chicken to try it. Maybe I'll just have to jump in and do it. Thanks for the inspiration. Looks great!

Terry said...

That looks great, now you'll just have to keep the wall. I twitch every time I hear about removing wall paper - easier to take down the wall.

Unknown said...

That chalk board paint looks fun! Great idea for a coverup too!
Have a wonderful week end!
~Really Rainey

The Stylish House said...

Kelly,
Very clever solution and it looks terrific! I recently read about a magnetic chalkboard paint that looks interesting.
Enjoy, Cathy

Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

Love your new chalk board! So functional too.

xo,
cristin @ simplified bee

 

The Little Bean Blog | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates