Thursday, June 12, 2008

Light at the end of the tunnel

It's amazing how much lighter you can feel when you make a choice to move on and follow through. I am still pumping, but now only 3-4 times a day. That simple change has freed me up to enjoy Charlie and actually accomplish some things around and outside of the house.

I feel like a huge heavy weight has been lifted off my chest. Sure I still get blue when I think of what could have been, but I'm definitely making progress.

I've decided to split the milk that I am pumping into a several small daily feedings for Charlie (supplemented with his formula). I'm also freezing the rest into small portions so I can still provide him with some "immunity boost" as far as three months down the road, should I want to space it out that long.

I'll keep at it until I dry up, and then I am going to have a party and eat every single item that was on my list of forbidden foods- from steak to cheeseburgers to chocolate cake, god the possibilities are endless... You'll all know what I will be fantasizing about for the next few weeks!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

CHOCOLATE THUNDER FROM DOWN UNDER!!!!!

 

The Little Bean Blog | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates