Sunday, August 2, 2009

Entryway Project

I had this idea to make our entry more personal by adding lots of family photos (real original, right?!) I wanted to do something high impact with multiple frames but I knew if I did all sort of different frame sizes that might drive Joe berserk hanging them all up. I love larger mats, so I thought I would try something crafty and pick up a bunch of those wedding photo frames, where everyone can write their well wishes to the happy couple on the mat.

By using those frames I get the higher impact of the larger mat but a standard 4x6 photo size fits inside. I can change the photos out to keep them fresh AND not have to pay through the nose for many different sized photos-simplifies the process.

The frames I purchased were from Kohls on clearance for $7.99! I had to buy hangers to nail in from Walmart for less than $2. And then developing the photos cost about a dollar. Total cost of the project was about $65. Eventually we'll put up gallery type lighting in the hall to illuminate everything better.

Speaking of lighting, I'm also so happy to post that the old icky dark light fixture was replaced with a cheap (but coordinating) one from Home Depot :o) Small changes can make a big difference.



3 comments:

Samantha said...

I love that! It looks great, what a good idea!

Kelly said...

Thanks Samantha!

said...

Cute idea! :)

 

The Little Bean Blog | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates