Monday, November 3, 2008

Mamas first foray into homemade baby food

It's something I've been meaning to do since Charlie started eating solids. I wanted to make sure I knew of the beans favorites before taking on the project of making everything from scratch. I remembered when I had to pour left over breast milk down the drain and didn't want my efforts to go in vain.

This morning while the bean took a marathon nap (2 full hours!!), I went to work. I baked an acorn squash and a sugar pumpkin for about an hour and ten minutes at 375 degrees, microwaved several sweet potatoes and organic green beans.

The pumpkin, acorn squash and green beans did not need anything added to make a nice puree in my mini food processor. The sweet potatoes mashed up perfect with just a tablespoon of formula. It was surprisingly easy.

I tested the sweet potatoes out on Charlie once he woke up, a little apprehensive that he might not like it because they were thicker in consistency then what he was used to eating. But he ate every last bit of them. There's something to be said for freshly harvested produce. And now for some pictures:

Charlie's pumpkin went from this:

to this:
Beans for my bean :o)

And finally, the result of a sneeze with a mouthful!

1 comment:

sept said...

love it! i need to get on the ball with baby foods.

 

The Little Bean Blog | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates