Saturday, October 18, 2008

Naps and More...

Thursday the bean was not too kean on taking naps. No matter what I tried, he was going bonkers and effectively making me go bonkers too. That, coupled with Joe getting home very late multiple nights in a row, left me feeling a bit trapped inside the house. When Joe called on his way home I told him I was going to have to take a drive once he arrived.

I left the house, drove to Marshalls to try a squeeze in a bit of retail therapy before they closed their doors for the evening. I thought maybe I could find a little sweater to brighten my spirits, but the same thing happened that always happens anytime I go shopping. I undoubtedly end up in the baby section scouring the racks for cute clothes, fun toys or books for my bean. I walked out with a cute little sweater for him in tow (see picture below) and then drove to the beach and read for an hour before walking back in the door.

I'm definitely a different person now. Shopping for my little boy gives me so much more joy then it ever did for myself. I'll have to keep my habits in line because I will not allow myself to raise a child that is not gracious and thankful for what he has.

I had a doctor's apppointment the other day and the PA asked me how I felt about motherhood. The only word I could think of to describe my emotions about it was 'more.' Not very eloquent I guess, but it was the one thing that jumped to mind. More than I ever expected it to be, of course more difficult than any job I ever worked at...but also more amazing.

Life has more beauty then ever before- seeing the autumn leaves bursting with vivid color takes on new meaning when you sharing that with a little miracle. Every day I feel more. I fall more in love just when I think my heart couldn't be capable of more. All because of my little bean...







5 comments:

Danse said...

OMG! What a cute little man! I love the photos :o)

Also, I see you updated your profile picture. You look great!

Anonymous said...

He is just so dang handsome! That sweater looks so cute on him!

Anonymous said...

I thought I'd just stop by for a second, and read your blog. It made me cry. It was so sweet. I feel the same way about my little man. Especially how amazing they can be. I too at times feel that way; more responsibility, more tired, more messes, more appreciation for life, more blessed. Thank you for sharing. Kim

K. said...

So sweet...I know what you mean--I have completely stopped shopping for myself, and I keep coming home with things for the baby...I just can't help it! :)

sept said...

red is a good color on him!

 

The Little Bean Blog | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates