Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Year And A Half!

My sweet boy,

It's been a long time since Mama wrote you a letter and I'm sorry for that. But I couldn't let this milestone pass us by. Yesterday you turned 18 months; a year and a half! I can't believe it, you're growing up entirely too fast for Mommy's comfort.
Charlie, you are a very social creature right now, which I find funny since your Daddy and I can tend to be on the quiet side. When you and I are out and about, I see you trying to make eye contact with everyone we come into contact with. Then you say "hi" until you have a captive audience. You'll flash a smile, giggle and try to carry on a conversation that consists of some "giggles" (a word like to use often) and other words. You close with a wave or "bye bye."

You love music and are quite the dancer. You have smoother moves than your Mama, ha, ha! You'll roll your shoulders, bop your head, bend your knees, tap dance and do a jig! You really like Trader Joe's for their fantastic music selections- especially the disco hits LOL. You also still enjoy Garth Brooks greatest hits, and anything else upbeat on the radio.

You are quite the practical jokester, you're always trying to find new ways to make me and Daddy laugh and crack yourself up in the process.
Right now your favorite thing to play with is the mini kitchen from your Aunt ChiChi & Uncle Jeff. You also love to play with your tractors and trucks, clean with Mama's dust buster and broom and stack whatever you can to climb on things. I think if you could fashion suction cups to your hands you would be crawling up the walls. You're also trying out new acrobatic moves, like somersaulting, rolling over and over and whatever else you can dream up.

You love to read books and often when we are in the kitchen and I am working at errands you'll grab me by the hand (or leg) lead me over to your books, pick one out yourself and then back up to sit in my lap. I love having that time with you.

Although now you know how to give kisses you are much more generous at blowing kisses than giving the real thing.

Charlie you are a big nature lover and would be content to play in our front yard for hours on end, scraping the trees with sticks, picking out special rocks, watching ants march and just exploring.

You also adore animals. If it has fur, feathers or scales you are in love. You are also so gentle with Malcolm, you kiss, pet and snuggle with him.

Today we had bible study and though my stomach was in knots, I prayed again that you would have fun with your friends and teachers. Guess what, my dear? I peaked in on you mid-way through and you looked like you were having a great time. Then when I went to pick you up, you were so happy to see me -and I found out-hadn't shed one tear!

My sweet boy, you have such a gentle, tender spirit to you that everyone sees when they come into contact with you. I am so honored to be your Mama and I look forward to each morning with you. I don't think I tell your Daddy enough how thankful I am to be able to spend my days with you, sweetheart. You a truly a blessing from God.

Love Always,
Mama

1 comment:

Danse said...

What a beautiful post - he's so precious! And where does time GO?

 

The Little Bean Blog | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates