Sunday, April 26, 2009

Weekend Highs and Lows

Charlie's birthday party went as beautifully as it could have. Everyone loved the food and treats, we played games, laughed and made memories that will make me smile for a long time to come. Charlie was happy all day and had a great time with his grandparents, aunts & uncles and cousins. The weather couldn't have been more perfect either, 85 degrees in late April?!

Tonight was a tough night though. Sometimes it feels as though when we have a great day I have to pay penance for it with a difficult one. Joe and I had a stupid argument in the morning while Charlie was asleep, but then Charlie had an off day. We took him out to lunch with us at a local sandwich shop and I gave him some of my ham sandwich along with the lunch I had made for him. He seemed to really enjoy it.

During his second nap I made blueberry muffins for him in another attempt to find a way to get fruits into his system. I know this isn't the healthiest option, but my bean is so picky with his foods that I am desperate to find anything that he will eat more than a couple times.

Once he woke up we were off to run more errands and take a walk since the weather was again an incredible 85 degrees.

Dinner time came around and Charlie had been fussing for a while at this point. As we were just finishing up Charlie's dinner he started to volently projectile vomit. Everything came up including undigested food from his lunch, more than 5 hours earlier. This violent vomiting has been a more frequent occurence for us lately. It's so awful to see him cry and be in pain. I took him into the bath to try and calm him down. He is such a strong little boy because he wa smiling in no time. My heart breaks though to see him in pain and still having these issues.

I feel so lost at times. I just don't understand why this has to be so difficult. I know God is working on Charlie and I but I just wish I knew what was in his plan. I wish I could take the pain away or at least take Charlie's place so he didn't have to suffer. I guess this is every mother's wish, though.

Tomorrow I'm calling the doctor because lately I've been far too meek in that department, not wanting to bother anyone or seem overly neurotic. I have to help my sweet boy and try to understand the cause for all of this- whether it's reflux or other food allergies I need to make it better.

Oh and the icing on the cake for the night-Our buyers pulled out of the house after having it inspected. They found we have termite damage that we now have to address and fix immediately. I don't blame them for pulling out, I just wish we knew about the issue sooner. Again I must remind myself, God has a plan for us, it will all work out.

No comments:

 

The Little Bean Blog | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates