Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Updates

The past week has been a bit of a whirlwind so I'll try to recap what I can actually recall at this moment.

The bean-
We were able to quickly pick out a tree in the midst of everything this weekend. Unfortunately Charlie was not in the most chipper of moods so we rushed through the selection process. The tree resemebles my dear, sweet Joe- tall and skinny. It will be perfect.

Charlie has been doing what I call 'the inchworm.' The beginning stages of crawling, I'm sure. He scoots his toosh in the air and then flattens out, moving along slowly but steadily towards toys, Malcolm, whatever captures his attention.

As for our nights, they have been pretty bad lately. On a bad night we're up six or more times, and really good night is two times. Last night was about five, but considering I went to bed at 9pm I only have half a 'sleep hangover.' I'm not suer if it's teething or reflux or a combo but I hope we move out of this phase soon. I honestly cannot remember the last time he slept through, it's been many months.

Here's some snowy shots from this past weekend:





Joe's grandmother-
We had the wake and funeral for Ruth this week, the services were beautiful, but there is one moment that sticks out in my mind that I wanted to share.

At the wake, I was talking with some of Joe's colleagues from work and we had mentioned that Joe's grandparents had been happily married for 64 years. We talked about what a blessing that was that they had been able to share so much time together.

At the end of the wake, the pastor came and said a prayer and then it was time for the family to say goodbye alone. I watched as Joe's grandfather walked up to his wife and prayed one last time with her beside him. He stood up and tried to reach her to kiss her on this lips. That moment will be forever sealed in my memory. No matter how long you may live, there is never enough time for the ones who love you most.

2 comments:

Danse said...

I'm sorry for your loss.

Also, I hope that you can get some sleep soon. How about a video of the inchworm?

K. said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a touching story.

I'm sorry Charlie's not feeling well. I hope it gets better soon.

 

The Little Bean Blog | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates